cherry sriracha summer fried rice
Cherry Sriracha Summer Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ C thinly sliced onions
- 1 C thinly sliced vegetables such as: carrots, red peppers, baby boy chok
- ½ pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut in 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 - 4 cups cooked and cooled brown, basmati or long-grain rice
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- ¼ cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- ½ C raw cashews
- 1/4 cup Jojo's Cherry Sriracha
- 3 T honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
Heat a wok or large, heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until a drop of water evaporates upon contact. Add the remaining oil and swirl around the pan, then add the shrimp and cook about one minute, stirring and tossing with a spatula or wok scoop until just about cooked through and pink.
Add the garlic and onions, and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the vegetables. Cook until they have started to soften.
Add the rice. Cook the rice — scooping it up, then pressing it into the pan and scooping it up again — for about two minutes.
Stir in white and lighter green parts of the scallions and the pineapple.
Stir the jojo’s Cherry Sriracha, honey & soy sauce together in a separate bowl. Balance the sweet/heat/umami flavors to suit (skip this step if you are a jojo’s freak and already have our cherryaki prepped and ready to go).
Add the mixture and cashews to the pan. Stir together for about half a minute. Taste for seasoning. Add up to a ¼ C of water if the rice seems at all dry and not fried-rice-like.
Sprinkle with scallion greens and cilantro over the top.
Serve hot or room temp.